The Little Island Business Association (LIBA) held their second annual Awards ceremony last Friday night, November 21st. The LIBA Awards were designed to recognise and honour the businesses and community of Little Island.
There are close to 1,000 businesses operating in Little Island, at present employing over 15,000 people. The Little Island Business Association was formed to promote and market Little Island locally, nationally and internationally, as well as to provide a platform for businesses in the area to network and do more business.
Master of Ceremonies for the evening was Martina O’ Donoghue of C103/96FM. Guests of honour on the night were Mr. Dara Murphy TD, Minister for European Affairs, The Mayor of the County of Cork Cllr. Alan Coleman and The Lord Mayor of Cork Cllr. Mary Shields.
In November 2013, Chris Mee Managing Director of the Chris Mee Group, accepted the first ever award for “Business Person Of The Year”. This year he had the honor of passing that same award on to Niall Brown, managing director of NB Shipping. It was Nialls’ second year being nominated for the prestigious award. NB Shipping is an Independent Irish owned Freight Forwarding Company providing International Sea, Air & Road transport services.
LIBA Award Winners
The full list of LIBA 2014 award winners are as follows:
[checklist type=”dotted” margin_bottom=”no”]
- The Little Island Customer Service Person of the Year Award for 2014 goes to – DEREK O’ DONOGHUE – DESSIE’S TYRES
- The Little Island Employee of the Year Awards 2014 goes to – KENNETH KLING – MSL CORK MERCEDES BENZ
- The Little Island Community Project of the Year Award 2014 goes to – LEESIDE AFC
- The Little Island Business Person of the Year 2014 award goes to – NIALL BROWN, MANAGING DIRECTOR OF NB SHIPPING
- The Little Island New Business of the Year 2014 award goes to – SOUTH WESTERN
- The Little Island Area of the Year 2014 award goes to – COURTSTOWN IN LITTLE ISLAND
- The Little Island Company of the Year 2014 award goes to – LILLY
- The Judges Special Merit Award 2014 award goes to – THE CORK PERSON OF THE YEAR AWARDS FOR ITS 21ST ANNIVERSARY AND MANUS O’ CALLAGHAN IT’S FOUNDER