Behavioural Based Safety – BBS
The Occupli Behavioural Based Safety Process
The programme involves front line staff carrying out planned routine behavioural safety observations audits / tours. It involves immediate one-to-one feedback on the observation with the person involved. The observations feedback focuses on both positive and negative behaviours observed.
At Occupli we use the following four-stage process:
Safety Consultancy Brochure
Stage 1 - On Site Evaluation
This evaluation phase includes one-to-one interviews with key members of your management team, supervisors and informal discussions with operators during the site tour, and a review of your key Safety Management System (SMS). On completion of the evaluation, our report gives key findings and recommendations on how best to integrate a behavioural safety programme within your existing safety management system. We present the report and recommendations to your senior management team in the form of a presentation.
Stage 2 - Behavioural Based Safety Training Phase
- 1 day Behavioural Safety Audit training programme with key personnel who will be involved in behavioural audits / tours
- 1/2 day Behavioural Safety Awareness training programme with all personnel
Stage 3 - Implementation of BBS Programme
- Identify and agree the internal and external support resources
- Agree implementation programme timetable and key milestones
- Develop list of “golden rules” or model behaviours to follow
- Conduct planned safety observation audit / tours, report and analyse findings
- Occupli will facilitate and support the full implementation of the BBS Programme