PHECC Emergency First Response (EFR) Course Programme
The Occupli PHECC Emergency First Response (EFR) is a 6 day training course. It is intended for personnel who are either part of emergency medical service teams, part of emergency response teams through their employment . It is also intended for members of the public wishing to up-skill from their current level of skills and knowledge.
Topics include: Primary & Secondary Surveys, Clinical Anatomy & Physiology, Lifting & Moving of patients, PharmacologyAirways & Ventilation, Administration of aspirin, oxygen, CPR (Adult/Child/Infant)Respiratory emergencies (Choking, asthma), Cardiovascular Emergencies, General Medical Emergencies (bleeding, shock, head, spinal, burns, scalds, poison, musculoskeletal), Paediatrics & Childbirth
Cork Office – Little Island
|2020 Training Dates Be the first to know when we release additional dates for this course||.
€850 – Book Now
Private Courses Available: This course is also available to private groups. For more information please email us at email@example.com . Alternatively, you can call our training department on 021 4978100.
Duration: 6 days
Participants: Up to 8 participants
Who Is PHECC Emergency First Response Intended For?
Personnel who are either part of emergency medical service teams, part of emergency response teams through their employment. As well as members of the public wishing to up-skill from their current level of skills and knowledge.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognise and assess both common life-threatening and common serious medical conditions in a pre-hospital environment.
- React to a pre-hospital emergency utilising appropriate EFR standard of care according to PHECC CPGs.
- Respond in an effective, safe and appropriate manner to a medical emergency and trauma in a pre-hospital environment utilising the EFR skill set.
- Record and report their actions and interventions appropriately during management. As well as at handover to emergency medical services.
Participants must have valid certification in CFR or FAR (dated within the last 12 months) . In addition, they must also be over 18 years of age
- Primary & Secondary Surveys
- Clinical Anatomy & Physiology
- Lifting & Moving of patients
- Airways & Ventilation
- Administration of aspirin, oxygen
- CPR (Adult/Child/Infant)
- Respiratory emergencies (Choking, asthma)
- Cardiovascular Emergencies
- General Medical Emergencies (bleeding, shock, head, spinal, burns, scalds, poison, musculoskeletal)
- Paediatrics & Childbirth
MCQ (40 questions, 80% pass rate)
Skills Assessments x 10
Emergency First Responder (EFR) – PHECC Certification
On successful completion of this course participants will receive a Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council (PHECC) Emergency First Response (EFR) Certificate. In addition to the certificate, you will also receive card which is valid for 2 years.
PHECC are the regulator for emergency medical services (EMS) in Ireland and their role is to protect the public. The Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council (PHECC) is an independent statutory agency with responsibility for standards and education. In addition, they are responsible for training in the field of pre-hospital emergency care. PHECC also maintain a statutory register of EMS practitioners.
Please contact our office for further details.