Confined Space Course
Occupli Training’s Confined Space course is aimed at Confined Space Entrants, Observers and Permit Supervisors and covers both theory and practicals. We outline current applicable legislation, permit to work systems, safe systems of work. As well as procedures for entry and rescue.
CPR with respect to the observer is also addressed. This course involves actual confined space entry and rescue techniques. All our instructors are active Fire Brigade trainers.
Duration: 1 Day
Participants: Up to 10
Flexible Venue: This course can be completed at the Occupli Fire Training Centre (Ringaskiddy, Co. Cork) or at your own workplace
Accreditation: Occupli Training Certification
Aim of course:
- An overview of the hazards associated with confined space entry
- Ensure people are capable of putting in place safe work practices. Therefore, ensuring a safe place of work when working in confined spaces as it applies to the workplace
- Make sure that they can follow emergency procedures in the event of a confined space incident
- Legislation covering entry into a confined space (2001 Confined Space Regulations)
Confined Space Entrants, Observers and permit Supervisors
- Legal overview – 2001 Confined Space Regulations and Code of Practice
- Hazards to do with working in confined spaces
- Safe systems of work
- Permit to Work Systems – an effective way of controlling risk?
- Equipment necessary for confined space work
- Individual responsibility in confined space entry
- Testing for toxic and flammable gases
- Knowledge of rescue procedures
- Theory and practical exercise