Today marks World Day for Health & Safety at Work, where we get the chance to remind ourselves of the importance of staying safe and well in the workplace. Here are some tips to help you stay safe and well at work:
1. Follow all workplace safety policies and procedures: Your workplace should have safety policies and procedures in place, so it is important to familiarize yourself with them and follow them at all times.
2. Use protective equipment: If your job requires the use of protective equipment such as gloves, safety glasses, or hard hats, make sure you use them correctly and as required.
3. Take breaks: Taking regular breaks can help reduce the risk of injury and fatigue. Be sure to take your allocated breaks and rest periods.
4. Maintain good posture: Maintaining good posture while working can help reduce the risk of developing musculoskeletal problems such as back pain. Make sure your workstation is set up correctly and adjust it as needed. Our team can help you with one of our Erogonomic Assessments.
5. Practice good hygiene: Practicing good hygiene such as washing your hands regularly and avoiding touching your face can help prevent the spread of germs and illness.
6. Report hazards and incidents: If you notice a hazard or an incident, report it immediately to your supervisor or the appropriate person in charge.
7. Stay physically and mentally fit: Maintaining a healthy lifestyle with regular exercise and a balanced diet can help keep you physically and mentally fit, which can improve your productivity and overall wellbeing. Aim for at least 2 litres of water each day, along with 7-8 hours of sleep.
Small efforts can make a big difference when it comes to your health and safety at work. For the day that’s in it, why not test your knowledge with our quick Health & Safety quiz?