Location of Underground Services Course Programme
Occupli Training is a leading provider of accredited Health & Safety training. Both in Ireland and the UK. As a part of this, we have a range of Solas approved courses. The courses on offer include the Location of Underground Service course. Under the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Acts, it is a legal requirement that all operatives whose work involves excavations during construction works to possess a Location of Underground Services (LUGS) CSCS card.
The purpose of this 2-day training programme is to provide participants with the knowledge and training required to safely and competently carry out these works. This training will ensure that participants and employers are carrying out their duties in accordance with relevant legislation and best practice in industry.
|FRTC, Ringaskiddy Cork||This course is now run on a private basis. For more information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org|
This two-day course is designed so that all who attend will be competent in the planning, organisation and management of work. Particularly where there is a risk of contact with energy sources underground.
- PPS Number and 1 passport photographs for each candidate.
- NEW: Physical SOLAS Safe Pass card required on day. Letter of SP Confirmation no longer accepted
- Manual Handling Certification.
- Photo I.D.
- PPE (personal protective equipment) i.e. Hard Hat, High Vis Vest, Steel Toe Capped Boots, Gloves.
- Full attendance on all days required to achieve full Certification.
This course is now run on a private basis. For more information email us at email@example.com
MCQ test, Practical test
When complete, each participant will receive a Solas CSCS card and QQI certificate.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Understanding of devices used in location of underground services
- Ability to identify hazards
- Awareness of Health & Safety requirements
- Legislation related to Location of Underground Services
- Identifying hazards
- Use of relevant devices in locating underground services
- Risk Assessments
- Safe Systems of Work
- Maintenance of equipment
Find more information for this course on the SOLAS.
Each course is subject to course booking conditions. Please contact our office for further details.