One question that pops up a lot when talking to candidates about contracting roles is “How and Why would I consider becoming a Contractor?”
Contracting is a fantastic opportunity for you to take control of your career. We’ve been placing Contractors in roles since 2004. Since then, there are a number of benefits that our Contractors have shared with our team. These include;
- Greater flexibility: Contracting offers you great flexibility. You can move between companies more easily, and thus work on a greater variety of projects. This boosts your experience whilst allowing you better control over your work/life balance.
- Higher pay rates: Contractors are often highly paid workers who will be assigned to a particular project for a fixed period, typically no longer than six months.
- Tax: Contracting can also offer better tax and pension planning opportunities. Did you know that there are many “Allowable Deductions” such as Motoring, Professional Services, work spaces and more. Read more info here: 10 Important tax saving tips for contractors in Ireland (taxreturnplus.ie)
These benefits sound good to you? But unsure of the process? It is actually a very simple process and comes with many benefits.
The process can differ depending on a number of variable factors, but in general it would follow the following route;
- Step 1: Establish a Limited liability company. This will be needed for payment. We recommend using the services of an established contracting company or accountant for this purpose.
- Step 2: Choose one of Occupli Recruitment’s contracting roles. (Check out todays live job openings here). Your limited company enters into a contract with Occupli to provide specific services to a third party, and then the limited company employs the contractor to perform these services in fulfilment of its contract.
- Step 3: At the end of each month, your limited company is paid for hours worked. You get paid through your limited company.
While you can complete the process alone, for ease, we recommend using a reputable contracting agency. Your chosen agency can assist you with initial set up and paperwork, as well as looking after your monthly invoices.
If you have any questions or queries about this process please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and to see what contracting roles we currently have open that might suit your preferences and career progression plan.
Melissa joined Occupli in June 2022 and will assist the Occupli Recruitment team based in Little Island, Cork. Melissa has over 15 years work experience. She graduated with a master’s degree in marketing practices and has acquired a bachelors degree in business, management and marketing. She’s a highly personable individual with a passion for delivering the very best to clients.
Tel: +353 21 497 8100
Euro Business Park, Little Island, Cork
021 497 8100