Online Noise Awareness
This course is aimed at all personnel who are exposed to dangerous noise in the work place. Noise at work can cause hearing damage that is permanent and disabling. This damage is preventable if the right steps are taken but once your hearing has gone it will not come back. It can also interfere with communications by stopping people from being able to understand or follow conversations and it can make verbal warnings or alarms harder to hear.
These issues can lead to further safety risks that put people at risk of injury or even death. This course will show you how dangerous noise can be in the workplace, and the main safety issues you should be aware of. It will take you through some of the simple science, the main laws that apply and introduce you to noise level limits. It also covers some of the specific health risks and how to avoid them by producing risk assessments, action plans and through the provision of appropriate Personal Protective Equipment. It concludes by examining how to provide information and instruction to employees, along with the most professional way to conduct health surveillance of the workforce.
Occupli has over 70 excellent online courses.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the dangers of noise in the workplace and safety issues with such
- Review the current noise awareness legislation
- Recognise the duty holder’s and employer’s responsibilities in relation to health risks
- Review Action Plans to be put in place
- Identify how to prioritise controls
- Highlight the importance of wearing PPE and the consequences of not doing so
- Identify relevant information and health surveillance
55 mins approx