Major Accident Prevention Policy (MAPP) preparation
All establishments that are subject to the COMAH regulations must have a Major Accident Prevention Policy (MAPP) document on site.
The Control of Major Accident Hazards (COMAH) Regulations ensure that businesses:
“Take all necessary measures to prevent major accidents involving dangerous substances”
“Limit the consequences to people and the environment of any major accidents which do occur”
Our Process Safety Engineers at CMSE Consultancy, will gather all the relevant information for the preparation of the MAPP document, as training records, your own internal site inspection records, audit reports, operating procedures, risk assessments and they will develop the referred document.
The Major Accident Prevention Policy (MAPP) document will be issued highlighting the following aspects:
- Roles and responsibilities of personnel at all levels involved in the management of the major hazards
- Training. Arrangements for selecting personnel and providing training to ensure they are competent to work with a major hazard.
- Planning and implementing Hazard identification and risk assessments
- Procedures and instructions for safe operation
- Design and modifications of installations
- Identification of foreseeable emergencies and the preparation, test and review of emergency procedures.
- Measuring compliance
- Review and audit
Contact the Consultancy Team Today
Did you know that Occupli also offer Risk Assessments?