Essential Leadership Skills for Technical Professionals
Who Should Attend
Anyone who has new responsibilities to lead a team.
Supervisors, Team Leads, Managers and others interested in becoming a better leader and a contributing team member will greatly benefit from this one week experience.
Many may want to take this seminar/workshop more than once for continuous improvement.
Key Course Objectives
Become a more effective leader by:
- Overcoming the “tyranny of the urgent” with better time management
- Becoming the leader you want to work for
Make better decisions by:
- Assessing when to make what kind of decisions
- Developing more options to choose from
Help others develop themselves by:
- Creating better individual development plans
- Unleashing their career motivation
Have more effective communications with technical and non-technical teams by:
- Learning to respond rather than react
- Developing the patience to let the team do its work
- The nature of teams
- Leadership vs. management
- Self-centering and tangential leadership
- Group dynamics
- Conflict management
- Critical thinking and taking action