This course is designed to meet the requirements for training laid out in the International Ship and Port Facility Security Code (ISPS Code) and the guidance laid out in the SOLAS Regulations 1974.
Private: This course is only available as a private course. Contact us on 1850 315 415 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Duration: 1 Day
Assessment: A pre and post graded multiple choice questionnaire will be presented to candidates
Accreditation: STCW Security Awareness
To provide knowledge to those who may be designated to perform the duties and/or hold the responsibilities of Basic Ship Security.
Sea farers with a responsibility to respond to a security situation onboard a ship.
- ISPS Code background and introduction
- Maritime security threats
- ISPS duties and responsibilities
- Maritime security levels
- The ship security assessment
- The ship security plan
- Security verification and certification
- Interaction with vessels, authorities and ports
- Training, drills and exercises
- Suspicious persons and behaviour and circumvention of security
- Weapons and explosives
- Practical protective measures and contingency planning
- Documents, records, communications and confidentiality
- Specialist counter piracy non-lethal acoustic equipment training