Trainee Fire Fighters Courses
The training fire fighting course is designed to specifically prepare you for the Fire Recruit selection process. This course is delivered by highly experienced Fire Service Trainers.
This course available to private groups only. For additional information please contact us.
Participants: Up to 10
Assessment: Practical and written
Accreditation: Occupli Training Certification
- To provide basic Emergency Response Fire fighting Training to candidates applying for full-time or part-time positions with the Fire Services
- To give you the necessary basic fire fighting knowledge/ skills and prepare you for the interview and pre-selection process
Who Is This Course Intended For?
Members of the public who are interested in a career in the Full-Time or Part-Time Fire Services (City & Council Fire Brigades).
- Course Introduction
- Overview of relevant legislation
- Cause and cost of fires
- Understanding fires
- Fire classification
- Physics and chemistry of fires
- Development and spread of fire
- Introduction to breathing apparatus including basic search and rescue
- Experience hot fire and smoke filled buildings
- Fire Behaviour demonstration (Back draft and Flashover)
- Fire extinguisher practical using simulated gas fires
- Responding to and dealing with chemical spill (practical exercise)
- Fire hose drills followed by practical use on simulated gas fires
- Confined Space rescue
- Course De-brief